A webcam is usually seen as a recreational device, a handy instrument that allows people to communicate with friends, family, and loved ones in other locations far away. Many people don’t know that a webcam also has an effective practical application in the workplace.
Unlike other workplace tools that have various uses, webcams have only one practical use in the office, which is self-explanatory. However, that doesn’t diminish its value. A stapler is another office tool that has one practical use, but no one will ever question its usefulness when they need to print a large string of documents.
In the corporate world, webcams are used for face-to-face communications with distant clients or with a manager who has a lot of activities. Another wide application of webcams is in video conferencing, which offers the ability to connect a full conference of people to a single user on the other end. A perfect use case of this is when an out-of-state CEO or manager needs to keep their clients updated about the business.
When searching for the Best Webcams for Live Video Conferencing, there are a few things to consider. They include streaming quality, microphone quality, zoom quality, and field of view.
In no particular order, below is our top pick of the best webcams that would give you the best live video conferencing experience.
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam: the Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 is equipped with a 720p HD camera and capable of streaming and recording at this resolution, delivering clear live streaming to whoever might be watching. It comes with a noise-reducing technology that minimizes background noise for crystal clear audio, and TrueColor technology that produces brilliant, rich images to the viewer. With its universal attachment base, it can be attached to the MacBook or simply set it on a flat surface. The webcam is compatible with all windows OS and video streams at 30fps. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam is quite affordable too.
- Logitech BCC950 Conference Cam: the Conference Cam BCC950 by Logitech offers professional HD video with high-quality audio sound. It is suitable for small group conferencing situations. It has a 780 field of view and 1800 remote-controlled video pan. The Conference Cam BCC950 also comes with zoom and tilt function, as well as autofocus for high-quality images. Its convenient and functional design integrates a built-in noise reductions audio system with microphone and speakerphone. Meeting members can still be heard clearly even if they are positioned about 8-feet away. With its omnidirectional mic, it can pick up several conversations at the same time.
- Genius WideCam F100: Genius WideCam F100 has 1200 wide-angle, which makes it unique on this list. It offers users a wider capture range for images without any need to compose in front of the camera. It is one of the most flexible cameras you can find around. The lens has a rotation of about 3600, proving a better angle and positioning options. Genius WideCam F100 comes with a remarkable HD recording option of up to 1080p. Its 12-megapixel sensor enables the user to produce 1080 output during video conferencing. The cam also includes a built-in stereo microphone for loud, clear audio quality.
- Razer Kiyo Streaming Webcam: Razer Kiyo Streaming Webcam is suitable for streaming high-quality audio and video at 60fps and 720p quality. It also supports output of up to 1080p at 30fps, making it a dual-quality streaming device. The key feature of this webcam is the built-in light, a 5,600K light ring around the camera to supply ample lighting. The reason it’s on this list is the built-in light, which can be extremely helpful during a video conference call in dim lights or dark places.
- Logitech BRIO: this is one of the most advanced cameras. It comes with an option to produce remarkable outputs, such as 4K HDR with 30fps, 1080 with 30fps, and 60fps with a bit of lower image quality. With its 5X zooming features, it can capture even the smallest details and present fascinating close-ups. Logitech BRIO features 3 built-in right light. It prevents any distortions and glares in image quality to a great extent. Other key features of this cam include adjustable views of 65, 78, or 90 degrees for convenient changes of angle, optical and infrared sensors for facial recognition, background removal, 2 omnidirectional microphones for capturing the best sound, and noise cancellation for clear output sound.
- Meeting Owl 3600 Video Conference Camera: this cam is a piece of beauty with a unique design that resembles an owl. It has a fully turning 3600 head. The Meeting Owl cam is undoubtedly one of the most unique design looking video conferencing you can ever find. This rare beauty can dynamically capture audio and video for an up-close and individual experience, offering a full 3600 of vision. The cam is easy to set up and it’s compatible with all video conferencing web applications.
- Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam: Logitech just knows how to make the perfect video conferencing products, so we’re adding this C922x Pro Stream Webcam because of its pocket-friendly price matched with the latest advanced tech. This cam offers true-life HD for both recording and streaming 1080p HD at 30fps or 720 at 60fps. Its premium autofocus and high-quality lens provide brilliant and consistent video. It conveniently adjusts to various lighting conditions. The cam has two built-in microphones that capture sound in rich Stereo Audio. It also features omnidirectional senses capable of picking up sounds even when the user is not directly in front of the camera.
- Logitech MeetUp HD Video and Audio Conferencing System: this is a fully-fledged system. It is the most advanced webcam on the market. What makes this camera different from others is the remarkable field of vision spanning 1200 degrees, which can capture a wide arc and almost everybody on the boardroom table. The built-in 3 microphones deliver impressive audio system, and customer tuned speaker ensures super clear audio of conversation irrespective of the room conditions.
- Genius HD Conference Webcam: this is another cost-effective option from Genius. The cam offers access to full HD 1080p video recording and streaming of up to 30fps. With its built-in stereo microphone and 1200 field of vision, this cam is great for basic video chat and enhances conference calling facilities.
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio for Business: the Microsoft LifeCam Studio is made for serious business with its powerful performance meant to give you an edge in your professional endeavors. It is built with a cast aluminum body that can stand the test of time. Fitted with a powerful 1080p Full-Definition cam, TrueColor Technology provides bright colors, and advanced precision optics for clear auto-focusing and sharp images. Lifecam Studio also comes with a hi-fi microphone that cancels out white noise while providing crystal clear audio during conferencing being streamed at 720p.
- Logitech ConferenceCam Connect Video Conference Webcam: this cam has a modern, sleek design and fits perfectly in a workplace setting. The camera head, however, doesn’t have the ability to rotate. Though it is suitable for video conferencing consisting of a small-group, it is a little bit more limited than the BCC950 despite its superior technology. The ConferenceCam has a 1080p camera that comes with autofocus and digital planning, tilting and zooming. It also comes with remote control for conveniently adjusting the camera’s settings. Other features include 3600 microphones that pick up and record voices anywhere around the camera, and its ability to project images onto a wider screen display allowing the user to share ideas and projects more conveniently.
Video conferencing can be challenging if you don’t have the right device. There’s a lot more to video conferencing than just sitting in front of the camera and talking. Without the right camera, your effort will not only be wasted but also counterproductive. So make a choice from the list above and make a remarkable impression with your webinar.